The Contest is open to all legal residents of the continental United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, residing in the continental United States at the time of entry and who submit an Entry that complies with Contest Requirements and Rules, outlined below. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
The employees, officers and directors of the Contest Facilitators, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void outside United States.
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (“VNSNY”), its officers, directors and employees, and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents are not responsible for, and shall be held harmless, defended and indemnified by, the prize winners and entrants against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including but not limited to attorneys' fees, resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of the prize, from participating in the Contest, and from any and all use of the Entries, subject to all federal, state and local laws.
HOW TO ENTER
The Contest will begin on 1/10/2011, with entries being accepted through 2/13/2011. To enter, you must electronically submit an entry through the website through the following process:
- Click the orange "Enter Now" button at the top right of the page.
- Upload your submission (250 words or less) and, if you wish, a photo of the Caregiver you’re celebrating. If the picture or story concerns a minor as the Caregiver or the patient of whom you are not the parent or legal guardian, you must have the expressed permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to use any reference to or picture of the minor in this Contest.
- Please avoid entering specific information about any patient appearing in or discussed in your Entry. For instance, please do not use the patient’s full name or address or specific sensitive information about the patient’s diagnosis or condition. If your Entry includes this information, you may be asked to furnish consent to show that the patient consented to your inclusion of this information in your Entry and for the Organizer’s future use and redisclosure of the Entry.
- Provide a title for your submission.
- Provide your legal name, a valid mailing address and a valid email address for contact purposes.
- Q: UPLOADING A PHOTO – HOW?
a) Browse your computer's hard drive for your image file.
b) Upload from a URL. Note: Your URL should end with .jpg, .png or .gif.
Click "Continue" only once the media upload is complete. Give your entry a title, add tags and a description, and submit your entry!
- Q: I made a mistake on my entry. Can I go back and make a correction?
- A: Unfortunately, due to the voting involved in the contest, we cannot allow any material changes after you've submitted your entry.
- Q: What type of content will not be permitted in my Entry?
- A: 1) We encourage creativity; however, you cannot include inappropriate language or attitude, or inappropriate or obscene images. 2) Please do not include images that focus on items that belong to, were created by or may be protected as the work of other third parties. In terms of this point, the basic idea is that we don't want you to use materials that belong to someone else and that you don't have the right to submit for purposes of the competition. 3) Further, we ask that you refrain from using specific information about the patient. We want to respect others' rights and privacy just as we all want to have our own rights respected.
Have other questions that are not found here? No problem, go here for a full guide: http://support.strutta.com/faqs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL CONTEST RULES. THESE RULES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
In these Official Contest Rules ("Rules"), the following terms have the meanings set out below. In addition, other capitalized terms have the meaning so given to them.
- "Administrator" means Strutta.com Media Inc.;
- "Contest" means this Celebrate Caregivers contest;
- "Contest Facilitators" means, collectively, Strutta.com Media Inc., and VNSNY;
- “Contest Requirements” means the guidelines and criteria that Contestants must abide by to be eligible for the Contest;
- “Contest Site” means a subdomain of the Site or a domain or website of the Organizer;
- "Contest Summary" means the Contest summary page for Contest;
- “Entry” means a Contestant’s submission to the Contest through the Contest Site;
- "Organizer" means VNSNY;
- “Site” means www.strutta.com any and any services available thereon.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Requirements and Rules and the decisions of the Organizer and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Organizer is responsible for ensuring the Contest complies with all laws in all jurisdictions where the Contest is offered. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Contest Period: The Contest opens on the date and time specified in the Contest Summary, and ends on the date and time specified in the Contest Summary (the "Contest Period"). The Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, complete the registration form for a Strutta account (the "Registration Form") on the Site with your name, email address, birth date and any required questions as specified by the Administrator, and then follow the directions specified for the Contest in the Contest Summary during the Contest Period. You must register for a Strutta account in order to participate in the Contest. You must then provide an Entry that meets the Contest Requirements and Rules ("Contest Requirements"), as specified in the Contest, to be eligible to win a Prize. Entries that do not include all the required information and adhere to the Requirements and Rules will be considered void. The Contest Facilitators are not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete Entries. The Organizer determines if an Entry meets the Contest Requirements Rules.
- Terms of Submission: You only may enter the Contest one time. You may delete your Entry at any time. By participating in the Contest, you permit the public to view and vote on your Entry. You agree that your Entry will not make any derogatory or untrue statements about VNSNY, or any person appearing or alluded to in your Entry. Prior to accepting your Entry, the Organizer may contact you to confirm the accuracy of the contents of your Entry, to request a copy of any authorization the Organizer believes you may need to submit such Entry or to request a modification to your Entry (e.g., remove certain identifying information about the patient). If you are contacted by the Organizer for the foregoing reasons, your Entry shall be contingent upon the Organizer’s satisfaction with your answers to the foregoing.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest, you agree that:
A. The Organizer and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to use all or a part of your Entry, your name and address (city and state/province/territory), and the names, likenesses, photographs, voices and images of and/or all persons appearing in the Entry anywhere in the world and in perpetuity, for future advertising, trade, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation and without notice to you and without consideration, review or approval from you; and
B. You will not now nor in the future be paid for your Entry or for granting the Organizer any of the rights set out in these Rules.
Your Representations and Warranties: By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that:
A. Your Entry, in its entirety, is an original work by you and you have not included third party content (such as writing, poetry, text, graphics, artwork, logos, photographs, likeness of any third party, musical recordings, clips of videos, television programs or motion pictures) in or in connection with your Entry without permission by a third party;
B. Your Entry, the use thereof by the Contest Facilitators, or the exercise by the Organizer of any of the rights granted by you under these Contest Rules, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights;
C. You have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Entry and to grant all of the rights that you have granted to the Contest Facilitators under these Contest Rules;
D. All persons whose information or story appears in the Entry, who appear in the Entry in any manner, or have contributed to the Entry have:
- Given you their written consent to submit the Entry for the purpose of this Contest and without claims for payment of any kind; and
- Provided written permission to include their name, likenesses, images or pictures in or with your Entry (or if a minor who is not your child, you must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian) and you may be asked at any time by the Contest Facilitators to provide such permission in writing to the Contest Facilitators.
- Prizes: The Organizer will provide the Prizes to be awarded for a particular Contest. A Prize must be accepted as awarded, and the odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries and votes for such Entry received during the Contest Period. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of Prizes than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest Closing Date (as set out in the Contest Summary) to award the correct number of Prizes.
- Winner(s): The winner(s) ("Winner(s)") of the Prize(s) will be selected based on the number of votes received for each of the eligible Entries received. If you are selected as a Winner, you will be notified of the selection of your Entry by the phone or email address provided by you on the Registration Form. If you do not respond to the phone or email notification within three (3) days, an alternate Winner will be selected to receive the Prize. All decisions of the Organizer in selecting the Winner(s) are final and binding on all Entrants in all matters relating to the Contest.
- To Redeem Prize: Except where prohibited, a Winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if the Winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) shall be required to execute and return to the Organizer within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Eligibility, Declaration of Compliance with the Rules and Liability & Publicity Release Form (“Release Form”) in order to claim the Prize. To be officially declared a Winner, you may be asked to answer a question to confirm that you are the actual person responsible for submitting the Entry. A Prize is personal to the Winner and is non-transferable. If a Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to execute and return the Release Form within the required time period, or if the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Winner forfeits the Prize. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute and signify the Winner's agreement and consent that the Contest Facilitators may use the Winner's name, photo, city, state, likeness, Entry and Prize information in connection with the Contest, worldwide, including on the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Each Winner (or his/her parent/guardian if the Winner is a minor) is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt of the Prize.
Voting: Online voting begins and ends as stated in the Contest Summary (the "Voting Period"). Anyone who registers on the Site can vote for his/her favorite Entry or the Entry during the Voting Period. The Contest Facilitators have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, including the right to void votes, including, but not limited to, for the following reasons:
A) Multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses or from different email addresses; fraudulent entry votes (using a redirect link, a disguised link, a fraudulent link, etc.); on the same day.
B) Technical malfunction of servers or internet connection;
C) User(s) recanting their own votes;
D) Technical or content upgrades that render votes incompatible or inconsistent; and
E) Inappropriate conduct in promoting votes (spam, harassment, etc.).
General Conditions: The Contest Facilitators have the right to verify your eligibility and compliance with these Requirements and Rules, and to disqualify you on the basis of its investigation.
You may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor may you use any other device or artifice to submit more than one (1) Entry or vote per day. If you use fraudulent Entry methods, or otherwise attempt to participate with multiple email and/or street addresses under multiple identities, or use any device or artifice to enter more than one (1) Entry, you will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the person who made the Entry. For the purposes of these Rules, the authorized “account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
Nothing contained in these Rules shall be construed to: (i) give any party the power to direct and control the day-to-day activities of the other; (ii) constitute the parties as partners, joint venturers, principal and agent, employer and employee, co-owners or entrants in a joint undertaking; or (iii) allow you to create or assume any obligation on behalf of the Organizer.
By entering the Contest, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Requirements and Rules and the decisions of the Contest Facilitators and the members of the voting community, which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Contest Facilitators reserve the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at any time (subject to approval of any regulatory body having jurisdiction), if it is determined that the Contest cannot be run as originally planned, if the less than three (3) Entries are received during the Contest Period or if fraud or any other occurrence comprises the fairness or integrity of the Contest.
You understand and agree that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and any comments, questions or concerns regarding the Contest shall be directed to the Contest Facilitators and not to Facebook. Also, Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
Liability Provisions: The Contest Facilitators are not responsible for human error, theft, destruction or damage to Entries or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Entries. The Contest Facilitators make no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in connection with their ability to in any way enable, develop or market the idea set forth in your Entry.
The Contest Facilitators shall not be liable to a Winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of the Prize becoming unavailable or impracticable to award for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Facilitators, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance or any other cause similar or dissimilar beyond the Organizer’s control.
The Organizer, Administrator and their employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and Facebook (the “Released Parties”) shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet or other connections; the availability, accessibility, technical failure or miscommunications of computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by Site or Contest Site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest; theft, loss, destruction or damage to an Entry in whole or in part; and other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Site or any Contest Site.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR ANY CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANIZER AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE RELEASED AND HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR NATURE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DISABILITY OR DEATH, AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FROM THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, ANY AND ALL USE AS PROVIDED HEREIN OF YOUR ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ANY RELATED CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE AND ANY CONTEST SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION.
- Choice of Law: All matters arising under or relating to this Contest shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New York without regard to the conflicts of laws principles. Any lawsuits brought hereunder shall be brought and tried in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State and County of New York.